Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Gorkamorka - Heavy Thinking - Racial Diversity

Hi All,

Welcome to Heavy Thinking, my cheap rip-off version of BoLS’s Deep Thought Posts. Today I was thinking about Gorkamorka (hmmm... surprise?), and making it more appealing to the masses through the use of introducing new races and diversity in the existing races. In Gorkamorka we have two accessible races which can be taken for free from the GW website:
- Gorkers
- Morkers
Not a heap of diversity as the difference between them is paint scheme and skill tables, and their play-style is remarkably similar. That’s okay, because the Digganob expansion adds three more races into the mix:
- Grot Revolutionaries
- Muties
- Diggas
These guys can shake up the game with their different play-styles, but that’s provided that you can find a copy of the rules. I play in a GW store and using a non-GW PDF would have me banned pretty quickly, and finding a copy of Digganob in Australia is like searching for hen’s teeth (or teef?). I’m sure that my situation is not unique, so we are limited back to Gorkers and Morkers.

But we can use Fandexes and Homebrew rules, and this opens up a new opens up opportunities for new races in Gorkamorka. I have already written rules for the Dark Eldar (which can be found below) (SHAMELESS PLUG COUNT: 2), and the guys at
www.gorkamorka.co.uk are creating rules for the Human Dust Rats.

This leads us to the point of my post which is:

What new races can we bring into Gorkamorka to bring more variety in play-style? And how do we do it?

So far we have 5 official GW races, two of which are easily accessible, and (as far as I know) two fan-races (SHAMELESS PLUG COUNT: 3). But what more can we add to GoMo?

Over to you. [Funny, considering I have a grand total of one reader... Hi Flamekebab.]


Scott.

1 comment:

  1. Another side is being worked on, other than the Dust Rats. It's not ready for open beta yet though, but it's getting there.

    There's also the Freebooters.

    By the way, I've got a spare copy of Digganob that I'd be willing to part with, either for a small sum of money, or some sort of barter.

    ReplyDelete