Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Collecting A Mob - My Way

Hi All,

Today’s post is about my GoMo warband, and how I went about creating it. I used the template set out on [this post] at gorkamorka.co.uk. Hopefully first-time GoMo players can garner inspiration and guidance on how to build their mob using this template. Here goes:

Step One: Gorkers or Morkers
I’m a big fan of Mork, however I am also a fan of getting up close and personal with my Boyz, so it seemed that I would be playing as Da Gorkers in the battles in the Skid. This meant that I would be limited with my vehicle pilots (Spanners or my Nob for Driving Skills), but I would be able to take plenty of Dakka Skills.

Step Two: Da Nob
Every Mob needs one, and why wouldn’t you want to? The Nob is a mighty figure to spearhead any mob (starting off at WS and BS 4) and is can become quite the powerhouse. I equipped Skargul (I name all the warriors in my mob) with a rather cheap Slugga, an ‘Uge Choppa for use in boarding actions, and some ‘Eavy Armour to protect him. I plan to give him plenty of Muscle skills and customise his Slugga so it can fire a hail of shells at the enemy.
Cost so far: 23 teef

Step Three: Da Spanner(s)
Once again, Spanners are required to start up a mob, so I recruited the fittingly named Mekgrod and immediately put him to work servicing my Trukk (read about that later). I decided to arm him with the bare minimum, as he would be my Trukk driver (Spanners are one of the only two classes in Gorker mobs that can gain driving skills), so he was given simply a Slugga and a knife.
Cost so far: 31 teef

Step Four: Da Vehicles
With only one Spanner, I could gain access to either three bikes or one other vehicle. Needing it’s large transport capacity, I went for the Trukk, and dubbed her Gork’s Eye. I armed her with an ‘Eavy Shoota, which with its high rate of fire and decent strength, would be essential in penetrating other vehicles armour. I set Mekgrod as the driver and put Gorbag (a Boy I would recruit later) in the gunner’s seat.
Cost so far: 66 teef

Step Five: Da Slavers
I would recruit a Slaver later on in the Campaign, as their experience putting prisoners to work would prove very handy. However for now I would stick to basic Boyz and hire one later.

Step Six: Da Boyz
I need a hard core of Boyz to throw at the enemy in boarding actions and whatnot (and one to fire the Trukk’s weapons), so I recruited the trio of Gorbag, Lugsnik and Zod. I equipped Gorbag (the gunner) with a knife and a Shoota in the case that the Mounted Weapon becomes unusable during the game (and with my luck it will...).

Lugsnik and Zod got equipped with Kannons and Choppas. The Kannons would become very useful when trying to penetrate a vehicles armour (S4 For the Win!), and the Choppas would ensure they would be over-compensating for a knife-fight.
Cost so far: 91 teef

Step Seven: Da Yoofs
With nine teef left in my Squiggy Bank, I decided to buy a Yoof for cheap labour and to guard the Scrap in some scenarios. Ideally, he would become really ‘ard with a few battles under his belt. I armed Nagrod with a Slugga and a Choppa in case he actually got into a fight.

Step Eight: Da Grotz
Not quite yet! I’ll need a Slaver before I get some of these buggers in my mob, though I may yet do so.

Step Nine: Rolling for Starting Experience
At the time of writing I’m already past this point, so I’ve long since rolled and forgotten about it, but I can say that the mob is progressing well in it’s campaign against the prototype Dark Eldar (see my rules below... Damn, I just did a shameless plug...) and can continue to develop.

So there it is, my starting Mob in all its glory (for lack of a better Orky word). I plan to give some updates on it throughout the campaign (however long that lasts), and add some terribly corny fan-fic (I just lost half my readers, I now have 1 reader left me-thinks) to go along with it.

Scott.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see my guide seeing some use :D

    Also "squiggy bank" is genius.

    ReplyDelete